Sunday, July 10, 2011

& there is sunshine in my soul today. ♫

Just a quick post, because I have to go to bed soon.

The title is from a hymn, it kept playing in my head when I was trying to think of a title. And I suppose there is sunshine in my soul right now, so there it shall stay. As the title, I mean... hopefully in my soul as well. :D

Today was a thoroughly wonderful Sabbath Day. :)

I woke up about 8 am, read my scriptures, ate breakfast, read over today's Relief Society Lesson (about Family Responsibilities... I was called up as an emergency teacher), looked up the scriptures, set my alarm to 10.30 and went back to sleep. :D

Sacrament meeting was lovely, we heard from the two missionaries serving in our ward, and a recently returned sister missionary. They spoke of, funnily enough, missionary work. I wish I were more diligent in that area, but I guess all I can do is set goals and try harder. In my first few weeks of uni, I had lots of (small but awesome) missionary experiences, because I set little goals, each one stretching myself a little further, until I was able to bear my testimony and give a Book of Mormon to a stranger on the bus. He actually initiated the conversation, so it was a little easier for me. I invited him to the General Conference broadcast, but he never showed up. Still, I hope the little seed I helped to plant will someday grow into something more. I don't know... but the Lord does. :) Anyways, so yeah, definitely room for improvement from me lately.

Our Young Single Adults lesson was... well, to be honest, rather non-existent. We did have a few people share missionary experiences, though, and had a brief discussion about what it means to be a witness. So it was still nice. By this time, I was feeling a little nervous about the lesson I was to be teaching next... For starters, it was mainly about parenting and uhh.. yeah... I don't exactly have any children yet. Because of this, I decided to focus on the discussion questions and get as much input from the class as possible. Overall, I think it went fairly well. Our Relief Society sisters sure love to talk, so I needn't have worried so much. :P

After Church, I went to a missionary preparation class, where we learnt about Christ's Atonement. It was a beautiful lesson, and at the end we watched a video about forgiveness, which I shall maybe put here later when I have time to find it. :)

Oh yes, and before I forget, here are two outfits for you, as I haven't really posted any... Sorry about the cheesy mirror shots, and the dodgy quality... I was just using my phone camera. :P




















Jacket: thrifted ($1)
White lacy singlet over white top: thrifted
black skirt (my favourite skirt... a little big so I have to pin it at the back but it folds really well into the pleats): thrifted ($4)
Belt: Country Road (thrifted - $1)
Jewellery: miscellaneous, mainly gifted













Denim shirt (usually I wear it as a jacket): freee from a neighbour :D
Jeans: Jayjays, hand-me-down
Boots: Kmart ($19)
Hair bow: Cotton On ($1)

Hopefully more later. Have a lovely night. :)

♥ Sariah

No comments:

Post a Comment