Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DIY Wrapped Crystal Necklace


I ordered some pendants off eBay the other week, and they finally arrived yesterday. Today was a bit of a DIY Day, so I made some presents for some of my lovely friends and siblings. The necklaces were so simple to make, and since we had everything except the pendants already, they only cost about 35c each!



What You Need:
  • Wire cutters
  • pliers (jewellery pliers are best but I couldn't find mine)
  • "crystal" pendants (or stones, etc.)
  • chain (I just used old necklaces)
  • wire
All you need to do is wrap the wire around the pendant a few times, folding over the sharp edges at the start and finish with your pliers, and pop your creation on a chain! I was lucky because these ones came with a pre-attached finding to put it on a necklace, but if they don't, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to end the wire in a loop instead. It's too easy, really!


 

Don't they look so pretty? 



I also made a dream catcher for another friend... Maybe a tutorial another time, but once again, they are almost too simple to bother! I just make it up as I go along.



After work yesterday, Mum and I paid a visit to an op shop, so I could find a birthday present for my sister. No luck in that department (I ended up making her one of those necklaces instead), but I did come out with two brand new Factorie black t-shirts, a black beaded dress and a faux leather jacket, all $2 each. Not bad for a quick stop, ay?

Right now I'm looking at missionary care package and letter ideas, and getting a teensy bit too excited... I wish the best friend would just hurry up and go, so we can both start our new adventures :) I hope that they bring us closer together, but if the Lord has other things in store for both of us, that's okay, too. I know that He loves us both so much, more than we could possibly love each other right now. That's enough for me to have the faith to just let him go. I used to think that it meant (or would seem?) that I didn't love him as much as other girls who wait for a missionary, but I've learned that it's not true. Not waiting has been a pretty hard decision (as has not going on a mission right now!), but it's one we made before we even started dating (I love that he always wants the best for me), so that has helped a lot. I also used to worry that people would just assume that we were waiting for each other anyway, and not bother dating or anything, but I've come to realise that if a guy doesn't bother getting to know me enough to understand, or to try to win my heart despite this, then he ain't worth it, anyway. I don't have much time to focus on boys, anyway; I just need to focus on getting through uni (I have a feeling it will be pretty intense these next two years) and bettering myself, but I'm willing to embrace whatever opportunities in love and life come my way. For the first time in a while, I don't just feel excited for my best friend and his mission; I am excited for myself, and what challenges and triumphs the Lord has planned for me. It's been too long since I let myself see how amazing I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment